The Sex is in the Heel, the Cast and the Crew


Very few things compare to the madness associated with booking a last minute modeling job. I got off the plane from an overnight flight, dropped off my bags, and headed straight for Premier, my London Agency. After checking in with Leesa, the director of the men’s board, I found out that the next morning I would be going to meet with Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott (world class photographers who shot me for DSquared2) on the set of the Brian Atwood F/W 2012-13 campaign…WELCOME TO LONDON! I had no idea what to expect, was I shooting or was I just there to say hello?

Upon arrival Savas, an old friend, and Mert and Marcus’s manager greeted me… It’s always a pleasure to work with familiar faces. With an enormous smile, I proceeded to help myself to some breakfast as I waited to find out how I would be spending my day. I quickly finished eating and made my way around, catching up with everyone I knew and introducing myself to the people I had not yet met. The next thing I knew I was trying on clothing and going through hair and makeup, what a pleasant surprise. A few hours later my friend Chad White walked in asking if he was in the right place… another familiar face I thought sitting in the make up chair. “Chad! What’s up man!? It’s been forever!” It had literally been six months since I had seen him in New York City at Soul Artist Management’s year anniversary party. Chad sat down in the chair next to me while the lovely hair and makeup team finished their work. Neither one of us knew exactly what the day had in store for us, or that we would be working with a Victoria’s Secret Angel.



Candice Swanepoel is as sweet in person as she is stunningly beautiful. It can be awkward shooting with someone whom you’ve just met, especially when you’re both practically naked. She handled everything with confidence and professionalism that one could only expect from a seasoned veteran of the fashion industry. If you don’t know by now I’m no stranger to shooting nude… The way I look at it is – you have one life, and you only get one shot at making the most of it, you either go big or stay home.


What none of us knew when we started the day was that the shoot would last from 10AM, and not wrap until 3 o’clock the next morning. I can’t imagine what it must have been like for the production team to build the set and to place all the cameras and video equipment. Mr. Brian Atwood was present to oversee the shoot. He had a twinkle in his eye and displayed a surreal excitement, walking around set with a big grin on his face. To my knowledge, this shoot marked Brian’s first global fashion campaign, and I feel like it exemplified the “go big or stay home” motto. He clearly has every reason to be excited, the campaign speaks for itself, “The Sex is in the Heel.” At the end of the day it was an amazing start to my summer in London, even though I left so exhausted that I fell asleep in the cab on my way home.

- Kyle Ledeboer


Campaign Video



Behind the Scenes

Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Header image:Arizona Roadtrip Sunset, By: Kyle Ledeboer
Images and text are the property of Traveling in the Moment and may not be duplicated or used without their expressed written consent.