In the Moment Essentials - Luggage

Osprey Meridian 22

I travel A LOT… For both work and pleasure, which means I’ve gone through many different pieces of luggage over the years. Bags get torn by airport conveyers, smashed by cargo doors, and saturated by inclement weather. You never know when you, and your overweight bag are going to have to break into a sprint, just to catch a connecting flight. All of these factors take their toll on luggage and when combined, they often leave packs tattered and broken. One of my favorite pieces that has managed to get me through thick and thin is my Osprey Meridian 22. The main rolling carry-on piece has hideaway shoulder straps and hip belt, which have been lifesavers in moments when I’ve had to quickly throw it on my back and make a mad dash for my gate. The detachable daypack carries my laptop and other necessities when I need to get to an Internet café to upload photos or put the finishing touches on a blog post. It also carries my camera gear on short hikes in the mountains and around town… quite the solid little backpack. These days when you miss flights, they usually end up costing more than just your hard-earned money, especially when it comes to business (almost missed my job in Nice due to the Passport Fiasco).

Rolling carry-on luggage can be very limiting. If you know that you have the ability to check your bag and pick it up on the other end, you’re golden …but the minute you want to switch things up is when it gets interesting. I planned on flying to London and staying for three months – but knew I would have random jobs throughout Europe which could require travel by trains, buses, ferries, subways, airplanes, and my own two feet. Spontaneously I cut my trip short to holiday on the island of Tenerife, where I have been backpacking, camping and couch surfing for the past month. Don’t forget that last minute 12-day Mediterranean cruise I booked for early August, departing from Barcelona and finishing in Venice! Traveling is stressful enough without having to worry about lugging your belongings all over the place. Life is about options, and that’s what you get with the Meridian. You need a rolling carry-on? Check. What about a twenty-liter daypack? It has got you covered. Going for a hike? Toss your luggage on your back, tweak the load adjusters, fasten the hip belt and you’re off! Practical real world application, that helps make life more enjoyable. Life is too short not to do what you love. When your passion is travel, it all begins and ends with your luggage. Read more about the Meridian 22 in Outside Magazine

- Kyle




Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Header image:Arizona Roadtrip Sunset, By: Kyle Ledeboer
Images and text are the property of Traveling in the Moment and may not be duplicated or used without their expressed written consent.