A Brief Heart Attack

Kyle's currently shooting a job for Men's Health Magazine right now off Broadwick Street in SoHo, so I'm taking the time to share with you about my day - and my mild heart attack...

Today began great, I woke up feeling better than I have the past few days, coughing much less and not so "stuffy." Together Kyle and I took the tube to Leicester Square and walked towards SoHo where he had a 2PM job. During our walk he got a call from Leesa, his agent at Premier. She asked him his thoughts on France?... Apparently Kyle booked a job shooting an alcohol commercial in Nice, France. It shoots this Friday - Saturday!!! Looks like we're headed to Nice, I hear it's nice :)

To celebrate his booking we had "conveyor-belt" style sushi at a place called Yo!Sushi, for lunch. Afterwards he dropped me off at a pub around the corner from his job so I could wait out the four hour shoot and get some research done for our next post. I sat for about an hour, enjoyed a pint of Guinness and searched for WiFi. Turning up short I settled on reading Fifty Shades Darker (my current book series obsession) and finished my pint. After that I proceeded to browse the amazing shopping on Carnaby Street... I have avoided shopping for clothes so far because the conversion rate makes things more pricey but I figured with the job today, and the job in Nice, £15 wasn't too much for some cute shirts that I can wear on Tenerife!

As I proceeded to hand the girl my shirts at the checkout I got an email:


From: Kyle Ledeboer
Date: June 18 2012 14:59
Subject: Fwd: You have a message from Pepe during June 28, 2012 - July 13, 2012 Studio-Loft with nice views!!
To: megangonzales89@gmail.com

GET ON AIR BNB ASAP AND LETS FIND A NEW FLAT LOVE
PRIORITY ONE

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Airbnb
Date: Monday, June 18, 2012
Subject: You have a message from Pepe during June 28, 2012 - July 13, 2012 - Studio-Loft with nice views !!
To: kyleledeboer@gmail.com

Hello Kyle,

The requested dates, 28 de Junio - 13 de Julio de 2012, are unavailable. I'm so sorry for the delay Kyle, I've been out for some days and without internet access. Unfortunately it's not available. Thanks for your interest and for your time. Hope you find a good place to stay. If you need some help just ask!

Regards,
Pepe.


MY HEART SANK.

After all the hard work planning and booking, the apartment we had in Tenerife for a month was GONE!... The girl at the checkout even asked me if everything was "okay." I guess it was written all over my face, I have a serious problem. Trains booked, flights booked, buses booked... how can it be that all of a sudden after charging my credit card and "Accepting" my offer for the apartment that Pepe just changes his mind?! I had to get to a WiFi connection FAST and find a new place for us to stay in Tenerife. I practically ran to the Shakespeare's Head, it's a Taylor Walker (chain of London pubs), where I knew I could access internet. Browsing AirBnB once again was becoming stressful, less than half of the properties visible last Thursday were still available. As I searched and came up empty handed I simultaneously typed a letter to Mr. Pepe, about to reprimand him for first accepting, and then declining our apartment offer. I collected his contact information from my email...

But wait, MY email. The reservation was booked through MY AirBnB account! Obviously he would email Kyle telling him the room was off the market - someone named Megan had already booked it!!! I could feel the knots in my stomach coming undone, whew... tag-teaming apartment searching can have it's upsides, and clearly it's downsides. So as it turns out, we DO have a place to stay in Tenerife :) Here are some pictures Pepe took from him apartment, the place we will be staying from June 27th through July 26th.





Traveling can be stressful, not knowing who to trust and not knowing your final destination is sometimes scary. Having faith in people and believing everything will be okay can get you through!

Yours Truly,
Megan

Location: Shakespeare's Head, Carnaby St, City of Westminster, W1F, UK
Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to A Brief Heart Attack

Search

Header image:Arizona Roadtrip Sunset, By: Kyle Ledeboer
Images and text are the property of Traveling in the Moment and may not be duplicated or used without their expressed written consent.