Rain, Castings, and Coffee

My addiction to espresso began in New York, and of course has continued to follow me everywhere I've traveled. I'm just not the same person without it. When you have time to kill between castings, you usually end up finding a coffee shop, or pub, pullout your laptop and get down on some free WiFi. Today the pub seemed a bit too extreme, I didn't want to be walking in to meet a client a few pints deep by noon, so I did what any self respecting model would do, I found a crepe place around the corner and ordered a macchiato, the problem now is that I've already had a latte this morning, with an extra shot I might add.
The little cafe I'm sitting in, "Crepe Affaire" is on the corner of Wardour and D'Arblay in W1 London. I'm killing time waiting to walk into my Remington casting. Thus far in the UK it has managed to rain an impressive 80 percent of the time, leaving a fresh clean smell in the air and my trousers (you have to call pants trousers because in the UK pants literally means underwear) and shoes soaked completely through.
I'm going to walk into my casting in a few minutes shaking uncontrollably and attempt not to jump out of my own skin. This casting is for a TV commercial so if I book it I'll have something pretty cool to share on the blog... not to mention a much needed influx of cash to continue to fund the "traveling in the moment" experience.
Wish me Luck,
Kyle


P.S. Megan is home in bed sick, so send her some love!

POST UPDATE:
Thoughts after the casting - Imagine walking in and greeting the studio secretary with a smile as you fill out the casting information form and without a pause stripping down to only your "pants" (underwear) then walking barefoot, iPad in hand, into a small room filled with people. You smile and introduce yourself, then make a joke about being practically nude to break the ice. You walk over and stand in front of a video camera and "slate" (where you simply say your name followed by your agency, then show your profiles, right side, left side, etc.) as you watch them analyze you, do a little turn around and throw them an EXTRA LARGE smile to try to seal the deal on your first impression. You booked it! They loved you! Or did they???

That's what it was and is like almost always like every single time you go on a casting, plus or minus the underwear part. I got a really good response from the client, so we shall see what happens. I also may be shooting for Mens Health at the end of the week.

-Fingers Crossed-

Location: Crepe Affaire
Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Header image:Arizona Roadtrip Sunset, By: Kyle Ledeboer
Images and text are the property of Traveling in the Moment and may not be duplicated or used without their expressed written consent.